This recipe is one that I now make every year for Christmas Eve. I should really make it more often because it is insanely delicious. I make this gluten free by using a gluten free graham cracker crust, but this is not vegan. This recipe is inspired by Nestle Toll House’s Chocolate Mudslide Frozen Pie.
- 1 prepared 9-inch Gluten Free chocolate crumb crust
- 2 cups (12-oz bag) dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 oz) non-fat cool whip
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Start with 1 minute, remove from microwave and stir. Repeat this process but use 30-second intervals until chips are completely melted.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until sugar is entirely dissolved. Add melted chocolate and mix until evenly combined. Spread into pie crust and refrigerate.
- In a different medium-sized bowl, combine cool whip and cocoa powder. Mix until the cocoa powder is evenly distributed throughout the cool whip. Spread on top of chocolate layer.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours.
This is my favorite part of Christmas Eve dinner…the pie for dessert! It is a huge hit in my family, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
What is your favorite dessert?