After a long hiatus, due to a crazy semester, I am back with a new recipe. This recipe is inspired by Mama Pea’s Beg-Worthy Banana Bread (a recipe that I greatly adore).
Cinnamon Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill to make it Gluten Free)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or buttery spread (can be made Vegan by using buttery spread)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Microwave margarine or buttery spread until it is slightly melted. Add margarine or buttery spread, brown sugar, peanut butter, blueberries, vanilla extract, and almond milk to large bowl and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Spread batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.
This bread did not last long in my house! It is delicious eaten warm with some peanut butter on top or eaten plain with a nice cup of coffee or tea 🙂
Do you have a favorite type of quick bread?