I feel like eggplant is a very polarizing vegetable. Either people love it or they hate it. I happen to be one who loves it. This recipe was inspired by this Rachael Ray recipe and it is so tasty and a perfect summer dinner (especially served with Tomato Cucumber Salad!)
Eggplant Mozzarella Sandwich for 4
- 1 medium to large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 thick slices
- olive oil
- 4 rolls (gluten free, whole wheat, etc)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay eggplant slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping at 15 minutes.
- After eggplant is done, place 1-2 slices of eggplant, 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, and 1-2 slices of tomato on each roll.
Are you an eggplant lover or hater?