Today I have a simple and tasty carrot bread for you. This bread is gluten free and vegan. I use applesauce and sunflower seed butter instead of a bunch of oil and butter, making it healthier, too. You’re also getting some healthy fats from the seed butter and walnuts and some veggies from the shredded carrots! 🙂
Carrot Raisin Nut Bread
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I suggest Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup diced walnuts
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Stir until evenly combined.
- Mix in applesauce, sunflower seed butter, water, raisins, walnuts, and carrots. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife stuck in the bread comes out clean.
This bread came out so moist and I loved the crunch of the walnuts!
What is your favorite bread? Carrot? Banana? Apple? Or another type?