With more down time thanks to it being summer (the best season ever!) I have had more time to bake in the kitchen. The other day I set out to make a delicious and healthy bread and was so happy to taste how great this came out! This bread is gluten free and vegan to boot!
Cinnamon Cherry Banana Bread
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I suggest Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used homemade sunflower seed butter)
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Stir until evenly combined.
- Mix in nut butter, bananas, water, and cherries. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife stuck in the bread comes out clean.
This is great served with some peanut butter smeared on top and a cup of coffee on the side!
What is your favorite thing to cook or bake in the summer?