If you are celebrating, I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Eve! I love this time of year 😀
I have a recipe for you that would be a perfect Christmas morning breakfast or brunch item.
- 16 ounces lump crab meat
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 prepared 8-inch pie crust (I used a gluten free one)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dice onion and red pepper. Saute in pan in olive oil until soft.
- Add crab meat to pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Saute 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Add shredded cheese to crab mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the crab mixture in bottom of pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture over crab.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
*Side note – I ended up having extra egg/milk mixture, so next time, I might cut back the milk to 1/2 cup.*
My family and I loved this dish! I served it with a salad for dinner, but like I said, it would be great for a Christmas Day breakfast or brunch. If you try it, I hope you like it as much as my family did!
Have you ever made a quiche before?