Hello and Merry Christmas Eve Eve! My crazy semester of college is over and I am going to use my time off to get back into blogging! First, I want to share with you a Christmas village that my mom and I made. For the past 4 or 5 years we have been making a gingerbread house, but this year we added to our old gingerbread house by making a little gingerbread village. It was so much fun to make and I love how it turned out!
Now for a recipe:
*Easiest-Ever Peanut Butter Cookies*
(from Woman’s Day magazine)
- 1 cup chunky or creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients in a large bowl until fully incorporated.
- Drop level teaspoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until the cookies are puffed and starting to lightly brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I made these for Thanksgiving and they were a big hit, so I will be making them again for Christmas Day!
In this picture, the ones on the outer edges are the peanut butter cookies. Mine kind of baked into one massive cookie (not sure what went wrong! haha) so I used cookie cutters to make them into festive shapes! Hey, it works 🙂
Coming up, I plan to post more recipes that I have either been making recently or will be making today and tomorrow for Christmas!
What has been your favorite thing to cook/bake lately?
Do you have a favorite Christmas cookie? If so, which one?