I recently came across a really old cookbook, Mott’s Applesauce – A Better Way to Bake, and could not wait to start baking recipes from it. I am obsessed with plain applesauce and love eating it and using it in tons of recipes. Clearly this cookbook was right up my alley. We also had a ton of apples on hand, so I decided to find an apple recipe from this cookbook to make. So, Baked Apple Crisp it was!
*Baked Apple Crisp*
Inspired by “Baked Apple Crisp” from Mott’s Applesauce – A Better Way to Bake
- 8 medium peeled, thinly sliced apples
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Mott’s Natural Apple Sauce
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose GF Baking Flour
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub 2-quart casserole dish with vegan margarine.
- In a large bowl, toss apple slices with sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. Spoon into prepared dish. Spread applesauce evenly over apple mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, almond milk, and the other 2 tsp. cinnamon. Spread over apple sauce.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!