Hello blog world! I have been reading amazing healthy living blogs for a while and am so excited to start my own. I figured for my first post, I might as well start with a recipe!
*Red Pepper and Mushroom Pizza*
This dough has the perfect texture and the veggies and ooey-gooey cheese make for the perfect toppings.
- 2 cups flour all-purpose flour (or whole wheat, or a mixture)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms (depending on preference)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- To make the dough, combine flour and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Blend in water, olive oil, and honey. Stir by hand vigorously until everything is well mixed. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30-60 minutes.
- Place dough on greased baking sheet. Press dough to cover entire baking sheet.
- Top dough with tomato sauce, red pepper, mushrooms, and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
I really hope you guys try this recipe because it is a winner and the crust is really easy to make.
I cannot wait to expand my blog and connect with the community of amazing bloggers out there. Thanks for checking mine out!